Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday's Feast - 30 November 2007

Appetizer
What is your favorite carnival/amusement park ride?


I grow old. I used to love rides. Couldn't get enough of them. Rollercoasters were my friends. I even took my bridesmaids to Cedar Point right before my wedding as a last fling. Now getting dizzy makes me queasy. :-/ I have to be fairly judicious in my choice of rides, keeping it short and sweet. You will still find me in a Tilt-a-Whirl if caught visiting Kiddieland. But once or twice, rather than for hours at a time.

Soup
How do you react in uncomfortable social situations?

Well, first I get red. Very red. Even if I'm simply IN a social situation, I tend to flush. My husband says it's attractive. I feel a bit Rudolph-esque. Sometimes I will get completely quiet and move into observation mode. This is my preferred approach, as it keeps me out of trouble and lets me focus on others. I join in when compelled and not before.

Sometimes I succumb to feeling that I must participate. This would be the "that's what good girls do in social situations" response. This is not the preferred approach, as I tend to lose the connections between folks and start interrupting. Ugh. And I will often blurt something dopey, like sharing my weight with a dinner party. It really is best to be yourself, you know?

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy discussing deep, philosophical topics?

Ooo. 10. But I've tended to go after these discussions like a lawyer (wonder why?), which I'm told does not always make me a fun discussion partner. I tend to cut to the meat of an issue earlier on, finding the weakness in others points of view. So I've worked hard over the years at doing so, making my point, then shutting up to allow for other viewpoints.


Main Course
Did you get a flu shot this year? If not, do you plan to?

Nope and nope. I'm not in a risk category. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger. And I don't like injections of mercury.

Dessert
Approximately how many hours per week do you spend watching television?

Depends on how many of the shows that I enjoy are on during a given week. I probably average an hour a day, particularly if I'm watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann regularly with Carl. So that makes 7 hours a week. Sometimes, though, on the weekend I will vegetate in front of the TV if my family is out and I'm in. So make it 8 hours a week to keep me honest.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home