Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday's Feast on Saturday - 10 November 2007

Appetizer
Which snack do you like to get when you go to the movies?

Popcorn. My addiction to popcorn this summer may be the sole cause of the extra 10 pounds I'm carrying. In addition to the extra 30 pounds I'm carrying, of course. But the extra overage is giving me that very special muffin-top look over my waistband. Popcorn with butter (real butter, not chemicals) is even better than popcorn, though.

Soup
What year did you start using the internet?

Been out here a long time, I have. I know I was online regularly while in law school my last year at Kent (1987). I don't think we had a home computer at that point. Believe we acquired one around 1990 or 91. I can still see the now quaint prodigy interface we first used. No graphics. Nothing but text. :-)

Salad
What is your first name in Pig Latin? (Here’s how to speak it if you don’t already know!)

Izlay. Or, if you prefer, Lizabetheay.

Main Course
Name something you are picky about.

I really, really don't care for passive-aggressive behavior. If you've got a problem, if an issue is bothering you, address it. Don't make some little weenie side swipe of a comment and then pretend you "didn't mean it that way" then slink off to kvetch because you were called out for your passive-aggressive behavior.

:-)

Dessert
Fill in the blanks: I ____ ____ yesterday and I ____ ____ today.

I enjoyed chocolate yesterday and I savored it today. Stopped into the new Ten Thousand Villages store yesterday and scored some fair trade milk chocolate. About 1/3 of the bar melted in my mouth while I read "Waking Up To What You Do: A Zen Practice for Meeting Every Situation with Intelligence and Compassion" (living the Buddhist precepts) and waited for Annie. I am quite sure that eating chocolate while waiting for a teenager demonstrates any number of precepts for meeting situations with intelligence and compassion.

Liz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning us. You should join our press list for blogs:
http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/dada/mail.cgi/list/blog_press/

Marissa / Ten Thousand Villages

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home