Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday's Feast - 19 October 2007

Appetizer
If you were a dog, what breed would you be, and why?

Such a funny question to ask a dog aficionado. I'm not particularly partial to any breeds, particularly now that I volunteer at our local save the mutts, er, mixed breeds shelter. I've seen so many sweet dogs of no particular make or model that my previous affections for breeds has waned. Having said that, I must answer the question.

I would probably most enjoy being a golden retriever. Why? Because golden retrievers are the most satisfied dogs I know. They are an incredibly happy breed on the whole, perpetually bouncy and good-natured. Our first dog, Boomer, was a golden. Our off-color family joke was that Boomer was such a happy dog that he even smiled when you took his temperature. And you know in which orifice that occurs for a dog.

Soup
What does the color
purple make you think of?

Women in general and friends in particular. Hanging on the silly side of life for a while. My funky friend Ann. My toes in the winter (cold) and in the summer (polished). My hair on my 40th birthday.

Salad
Approximately how long does it take you to get ready each morning?

Depends on what I'm getting ready to do. If I'm off to deliver teenagers to school, I can rise and shine (or at least rise) in 5 minutes, arriving at my car door bleary-eyed and ready to drive. Then I crawl back home and get ready to start my day. Feed the dog, give her the 1st dose of doggie meds, make a pot of tea, make some oatmeal, eat said oatmeal, read the newspaper, do Sudoku, read my email, stretch, roller ski, walk the dog, and take a shower.

All set now. :-)

Main Course
How many cousins do you have, and are you close to them?

4 cousins. One on my dad's side and three on my mom's side. I am not close to any of them. I see them at occasional family gatherings, maybe every couple of years. Sad, I guess.

Dessert
Take your initials (first, middle, last) and come up with something else those letters could stand for. (Example: SFO = Sweet Funny Otter)

ETG. Exceptionally Tenacious Girl. Enhanced (P)terodactyl Goo. Enraged Televangelist Gumbo. Elongated Tongue Gizmo. Excellent Tautological Groove.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home