Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday's Feast - 7 December 2007

Appetizer
What was the last game you purchased?

No earthly idea. Probably the card game "Flux". Annie and I like card games. We like games, generally speaking. But it's very hard to persuade anyone else in the house to play with us. Jonathan's usually busy playing with a screen somewhere, and Carl's just too busy.

Thank goodness for family vacations. We can almost always persuade my dad and my nieces to play cards with us. Even Uncle Dave played at Thanksgiving.

Soup
Name something in which you don’t believe.

I don't believe that Jesus is the only pathway to some sort of positive afterlife, or even a positive during-life. I believe that there are many paths to God.

Salad
If you could choose a celebrity to be your boss, who would you pick?

Hmm. Eye candy or supposed personality? I would certainly enjoy looking at George Clooney, though I'm not sure how much work I would get done staring at him. The whole keeping pigs as pets thing I might find a bit daunting, though. George would provide the added bonus of sharing my political views.

Main Course
What was a lesson you had to learn the hard way?

The truth will, in fact, set you free. Because lying is always a short-term solution that screws things up in the end. And every person in your life deserves the truth delivered with good intent. Except when someone thinks they look really spiffy in that shirt that you think makes them look 30lbs overweight and they didn't ask for your opinion. Then keep your mouth shut.

Dessert
Describe your idea of the perfect relaxation room.

There are so many possibilities. A room I actually frequent on occasion which is darn relaxing is my massage therapist's room. I see her a few times a year (I really need to find someone who doesn't work 300 miles from Oak Park) and I love her place. Soft lighting, good smells, suns all over her walls, massage muzak--and the best massages on the planet. The relaxation lasts a long time.

Otherwise, I'd choose a room facing water, surrounding on most sides by trees and hills. Mountains would be good, too. But water is a must. West-facing is ideal, for viewing sunsets. Big comfy chairs for knitting or reading, commensurate light to meet those same needs. A fireplace is always good--and a cool breeze (artificial or real) during the summer would be most wonderful. Uncluttered decor. The external view and possibilities for grand internal views are the most important parts of the relaxation room, for me.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home