Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday's Feast - 1 February 2008

Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of cereal?

Quaker Oatmeal Peaches and Cream. I've eaten oatmeal for breakfast virtually every morning for over 30 years. I love warm food in the morning. The original flavor was apples and cinnamon, but peaches and cream is much better. I've tried switching to heartier non-instant oatmeal. But, honestly, the amount of sugar that I must pour on to make it palatable seems hardly worth the while.

This is probably why I don't drink coffee. When visiting friends in the mornings, I have been known to simply take the sugar and dump liberally, rather than bother with dainty spoons. It is the only way I can tolerate the stuff.

Soup
When was the last time you purchased something for your home, what was it, and in which room did it go?

Light bulb! Didn't think I would remember such a thing, but I do. I purchased new towels for Annie and myself from Bean. The boys have relatively new towels that were monogrammed to avoid contamination, er, cross-usage. So we girls felt was should also have something new and luxurious. Best of all? All of them have been free with Bean coupons from the Bean Visa card. ;-)

Salad
What is the funniest commercial you’ve ever seen?


Main Course
Make up a name for a company by using a spice and an animal (example: Cinnamon Monkey).

The Cayenne Coyote. It's a little Indian-Asian-Mexican fusion restaurant in Santa Fe. Avant-garde without the avant-garde tiny servings. I'm pretty sure it's going to show up in the Michelin ratings soon.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I haven’t ______ since ______.

I haven't been geocaching since December of 2005. And sometimes I miss it. It was fun traipsing around Chicagoland, finding stuff and learning about the area.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home