Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday's Feast - 22 February 2008

Appetizer

Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?

I'm not particularly big on practical jokes, though I'm friends with those who are. I can't even think of one that I've seen others do, though I know I've seen many. This is why I'm not big on jokes, practical or otherwise. You have to be able to remember them!

Soup

What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

We have a single salt and pepper implement. We received it as a wedding gift from a somewhat famous musician type, of whom I always found the gift mildly emblematic. It's vaguely phallic shaped, and one grabs hold of the top (if you don't want to think circumcised, think mushroom head) and gives a good crank to dispense pepper, or simply shakes to dispense salt.

Salad

Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?

Island Lake, Illinois. Annie and I are going to join T and her daughter for a day or two of rest, relaxation and revelry at T's parent's place. We may also take a quick trip up to Rochester to visit Ann and company, as we are needing our Allen fix.

Main Course

What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?

I use several different kinds. I have Avalon Organics Lavender Hand & Body Lotion next to the kitchen sink and in my purse. Very rich and it smells heavenly. I keep a tin of shea butter next to my bed, which is fabulous for really dry skin. And I have some basic Vaseline Intensive Care in the bathroom for after shower applications.

Funny. I am rarely uncomfortable with what I reveal out here in cyberspace. But telling you all what kinds of lotion I makes me feel a bit squeamish. What's that all about?

Dessert

Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.

Chocolate Chip Peppermints: Stick a small handful of chocolate chips into the oven for just long enough to make them vaguely smushy. Smush them together. Put them on top of a peppermint candy. Eat.

I think I might need to try that right now.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home