Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday's Feast - 14 September 2007

Appetizer
When was the last time you visited a hospital?

I guess it was when Annie had her nasty asthma attack almost 3 years ago. She was in the peds ICU at Rush for 4 days. The first night she was there, I lay in the hospital bed with her, unable to sleep. Her heart was racing, both from being unable to breathe and from the meds she was on. I was really afraid she was going to die. So was she. Not fun.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how ambitious are you?

That would be a 1. I am not ambitious in the least. I set a high bar for myself in how I do things, not in what I achieve or what level I reach. I want to do the best job I can whatever task I take on. Except maybe housework. ;-)

Salad
Make a sentence using the letters of a body part. (Example: (mouth) My other ukelele tings healthily.)

Finger: For I not go ever right. As in wing.

Main Course

If you were to start a club, what would the subject matter be, and what would you name it?

Today, I am so tired that the only kind of club with appeal would be a napping club. I think I'd call it S.I.E.S.T.A. (Several Indolence Experts Sleep Through All). We'd have special napping t-shirts printed up with the counting sheep sleeping in the clouds. We'd be activists, when we weren't sleeping, advocating for special napping facilities at workplaces. Perhaps, after a few years, we'd branch out into merchandise, selling sleep pods that create private spaces in cubicles or offices for sleeping.

Dessert
What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?

Combination of oak floors and carpeting, except sagey green ceramic tile in the kitchen (what was I thinking?). Grey shag on the stairs and in our bedroom, which I'd love to rip out and refinish the oak floors beneath. Carl likes it, though. And hunter green carpeting in the den.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home