Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday's Feast - 21 September 2007

I'd like to post about something more substantive today. But it's been a busy week. Unfortunately, most of the news will keep until tomorrow, as it will probably be more of the same. Optimistic, aren't I?

Appetizer
What is your favorite type of art?

Harumph. The good kind. Oh, looking for a deeper answer? How about defining by the negative? Not Kincaid, God of Light or whatever he's called. Not black velvet Elvis. Not Andy Warhol.

Went through a brief infatuation with Erte in my 20s. I like Rothko's chunky colors; I find them comforting. Impressionism is nice--don't you think that would piss off many of those revolutionaries? Or would they simply be happy that someone was buying their stuff so they could continue to paint?

I like certain artist's colors. Degas' angry reds. Matisse's stained glass clear blues. Raphael's warm (how does he do that?) blues, too. Have you noticed that few artists make lovely greens outside of landscapes?

Soup
When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?

Well, I think my friend T has treated me recently. But we tend to treat back and forth, usually based on who owes whom money. So I suppose that's not actually a free lunch, as it's a payback. I had many free breakfasts, lunches, and dinners while up north last month, staying at my mom and dad's place. All I had to do in return was be pleasant company, and keep my family from arguing. Which I managed. Mostly.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?

Probably an 8. I'm somewhat taciturn on the outside, while pretty wild on the inside. If you're a Myers Briggs kind of person, I'm an INFJ, though perhaps not as vehemently so as I was 15 years ago.

Main Course
Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?

Oh my. "Responding" is such a fortunate focus, for then I don't need to divulge just how much time I spend actually at the computer. I spend no more than an hour a day responding to emails. Probably closer to a half hour.

Dessert
To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?

In the summer, the Thermostat Queen sweats through 77 degree days while basking in73 degree evenings. I hate sweltering in the sheets. Wintertime brings fuzzy blankets, cardigans, and delightful flannel sheets. The Thermostat Queen would be quite happy with 66 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at the beddybye time. The dh? He doesn't believe in flannel anything, and would prefer a far more temperate zone while sleep.

As the Thermostat Queen can hide behind her cry, "It's less expensive!", she is currently winning.

So far.

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home