Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday's Feast - 12 October 2007

Appetizer
When was the last time you were surprised?

Oh, gosh. I am surprised most every day of my life, by things and people and places and observations and experiences. Sometimes, I surprise myself. Yesterday, I was at a small dinner party. Nice, funny, smart people. Having a great time, I felt so comfortable that I decided to have a second piece of the very yummy yet fat free chocolate dessert.

One of my sister guests said to me, "How do you look the way you do, eating two pieces of that?" What a sweet thing to say. I was immediately seized by a social brain cramp, neurons searching between being honest and being throw-away polite. Somehow, I was compelled to say, "Hon, I weigh 190 lbs!" ROTFLOL! What WAS I thinking? Boy, that was a surprise. :-)

Soup
Fill in the blanks: My eyes are ________, but I wish they were __________.

My eyes are brown, but I wish they were brown. I love warm, mushy brown eyes.

Salad
If you were a Beanie Baby, what would you look like and what would your name be?

I would be a tie-dyed elephant, spattered with a nice array of bright colors. My name would be Mama E, and I would have a baby elephant or two hanging around with me. A staunch Democrat, I've always loved elephants and their wonderful mothering skills.

Main Course
Name two things you consistently do that you consider to be healthy habits.

I roller ski 5 days a week for 35 to 40 minutes. Physical exercise is incredibly important to my physical and emotional health. Buoys my spirits, helps me sleep, keeps my blood pressure low. And I get together with friends regularly. Buoys my spirits, helps me sleep, keeps my blood pressure low . . . and makes me laugh. :-)

Dessert
What brand of toothpaste are you using these days? Do you like it? Why or why not?

I have no earthly idea. I go back and forth between Colgate and Crest. Whatever it is, I like it, though. Toothpaste must NOT be paste, it must be gel. And it cannot have any of that whitening stuff in it, as it makes my teeth ache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home