Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday's Feast - 5 October 2007

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you look forward to your birthday?


5. Carl is usually gone on my birthday. It's often seemed like an afterthought to Christmas (January 2). My friends have often helped me celebrate, though. :-)

Soup
What is one word you don’t like the sound, spelling, or meaning of?

Eww. Moist. It gives me the willies. I don't want anything near me that is moist. Wet? Good. Dry? Fine. But not moist. Sounds like mold is growing out of it.

Salad
Do you wear sunglasses when you’re outside? If so, what does your current pair look like?

I forget to wear my sunglasses. Then I note that I'm perpetually frowning and my forehead hurts. Then I scrounge around for my glasses. Sometimes, I actually find them. Sometimes, not.

What do they look like. Hmm. I have no idea. Black, I believe. Vaguely aviator-shaped, though not in the 70s way.

Main Course
If you were to write a book, to whom would you dedicate it?

My dad and FMAH (feminist mothers at home--an email list to which I belong). Both the list and my dad have been very supportive of my writing over the years.

Dessert
Name a beverage that you enjoy.

Lemonade. Particularly when served with French Toast. Now, that's a comfort food that goes way back for me. French Toast was one of the first things I learned how to cook. I often made it after I got home from school during my high school years, when mom was working, sleeping, or studying. And I absolutely had to have lemonade with it. Go figure. :-)

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home