Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday's Feast - 7 March 2008

Appetizer

If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be?

Not a one. The whole concept of celebrity repulses me. People who are famous for being famous, valued for being known by vast quantities of people rather than for who they are, or even what they do? I am annoyed enough by a society that values only what we do (or don't do) for a living, let alone the vapidity of our celebrity-struck world.

I know, I know: Liz, tell us what you REALLY think.

Soup

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone?

7.5. I like talking to people whom I know well on the phone. Making the phone call? That would be a 1.25. I'm absolutely terrible at calling others, even those I love dearly. The only people I am able to call without angst are my parents.

Salad

Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to).

Heifer Project. Fabulously wonderful organization that donates animals to poor families around the world, aiding them in achieving sustainable independent livelihoods.

Main Course

What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month?

Mashed potatoes. Or popcorn. Both with tons of butter. I'm salivating, as I forgot to eat lunch today. And, I assure you, *that* doesn't happen very often.

Dessert

Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year?

Nope. Wish Annie had. At least it would have run its course by this time and she'd be healthy again. Instead, we've had the World's Longest-Lived Virus invading our household for weeks, having run through both Jon and Annie. Nothing like a little mucus production to make your life interesting.

On that tasteful note . . . .

Liz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home